Why Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture?
Gentle transformation, that’s why acupuncture has been around for thousands of years. It is simply one of the best ways to help people reconnect with nature, spirit, and one another. When we are in balance with the essential elements of life we can become our best selves, free from disease, discomfort, and disharmony. Read on to learn more about the services we offer and how they work.
Using the therapeutic modalities of Chinese Medicine, restoring balance and harmony can be a beautiful process of transformation. Just like a tree has roots and branches, disease has a spot of origin within us that allows it to grow – and an outward manifestation of what is growing. Tending to the branches alone leaves the root intact.
Chinese Medicine looks at the whole person, making healing of the whole person possible. That’s the focus of Heart Center Transformational Acupuncture in Portland. Here, we serve clients who want to live as whole, healthy, and happy people; free from pain, emotional distress, and chronic disease.
NCCAOM certified and licensed acupuncturist, Aiden Seraphim welcomes you to Heart Center Transformational Acupuncture. Below you can explore our many services and learn how you can benefit from acupuncture and more.
- Acupuncture: Strategic assessment and placement of tiny needles in points along your body can help us access your energy meridians and free what is stuck. By creating unrestricted energy flow throughout your body, we can improve your sense of well-being, balance, and ease.
- Acupressure: Pressure, rather than needles, can be applied to the same meridian points on your body to dissolve tension and stress, relieve physical and mental suffering, and promote a healthier life overall.
- Cupping: Cupping massage can help to draw stress, dis-ease, and blockages from your body leaving you feeling relaxed and relieving physical symptoms that may stem from a disconnect between your mind, body, and spirit.
- Moxa: With moxibustion (moxa), we burn an herb called mugwort to help you heal. Burning moxa is one way to warm your meridians and chase the cold out of stagnant conditions. This helps your blood flow more smoothly, relieves pain, and improves the flow of Qi.
- Laser Acupuncture: Using Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), also called “cold laser” the laser works as a replacement or as a complement to the needles. This therapeutic choice is perfect for people who are scared of needles or in a weakened state, children, babies, and cases of acute traumatic wounds when the insertion of needles in the body is contraindicated.
- Nutritional Support and Dietary Advice: Even with more ‘food’ than ever before us, so many of us are truly starving for nutrition. There is so much contradictory and dangerous advice out there, and having a knowledgeable and gentle guide to help you get the nutritional support you need so you can nourish your body in healthy ways makes a difference in how you feel and look.
- Tuning Forks: Balance, stress relief, and pain reduction can be yours when you embrace the physical and energetic healing of your chakras. Along with acupuncture or on their own, tuning forks can be used along your meridians to deepen the overall therapeutic effect.
- Essential Oils: Using the purest ingredients available in oil form, essential oil therapy can be paired with many other natural medicine modalities to enhance the overall effects. Oils have the power to transcend the present moment, to evoke powerful memories, and to heal our body, mind and spirit.
- Lifestyle Modification: The way we show up in any part of our lives is how we show up in all of them, and sometimes getting healthy is just a few simple decisions away. For many of us, it’s hard to see what we see every day – we become blind to the ways our lifestyle drains us of life. Healing can be as simple as modifying behaviors and perspectives so closely held that we can’t see them anymore. Lifestyle modification can help you become the healthiest and happiest you’ve ever dreamed you could be.
- Shamanic Healing: Spirit is the source of every experience we have. Injury and illness appear in the spirit before it shows up in the physical body. If your body is injured, your spirit is, too. Healing on the spiritual level can heal and prevent conditions from appearing in the body. The healing process involves a journey to the source of illness or disharmony and bringing about a change that prompts healing in the physical realm.
- Meditation: In today’s busy world, holding even a moment of quiet in your mind can feel like an impossible task. By practicing meditation, you can learn to quiet the demands of the day, focus on the present moment, and enter a more peaceful and creative mode that equips you to deal with the “real world” without anxiety. Meditation also teaches us how to reconnect to and open our own heart. From there we can open to the flow of life within us and truly grow. Meditation takes practice, and the best way to improve your skills is by practicing with a teacher as committed to this journey as you are.
With the teaching of these modalities, the focus is on how energy moves through time and space in nature to connect the 12 primary organ systems and channels of the body with the five elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. By accessing your mind, body, and spirit, together we can bring about some truly transformative shifts that result in a renewed love for your life.
Click or call the Heart Center Transformational Acupuncture at 978-701-5125 today to schedule an appointment, and begin feeling your best as you experience what it is to take good care of yourself.
“Aiden is one of the most understanding + honest beings. He reminds you of your own light + healing. He greets you with much compassion + love. Aiden cares to get to know you and together create a space for you to heal + be inspired. I highly recommend Aiden!”-Elissa Shoreman