Acupuncture For Pain
Does Acupuncture Help Reduce Pain?
There have been numerous studies that have shown that acupuncture can help to ease, chronic low back pain, neck pain, osteoarthritic knee pain, and even migraine and tension headaches (Acupuncture in Depth, 2017). It is estimated that 80% of Americans suffer from low back pain. With growing numbers of people experiencing pain and an opioid drug epidemic, it is important to have effective treatment options. Acupuncture is thought to help reduce pain by:
- Releases beta-endorphins which work as the bodies own opioids and lower pain thresholds
- Changes cells in connective tissue helping to ease pain
- Reduces inflammation via vagus nerve activation
- Helps brain chemistry and the release of neurotransmitters and neurohormones
- Helps to reduce stress and improve mood
Main Treatment Options Used to Manage Pain:
- Acupuncture with Electric-Stimulation
- Gua Sha
- Topical Salves and Sprays
- Nutritional Supplements and Herbs
You don’t have to continue to suffer. Acupuncture can help!
Click or call 978-701-5125 today to schedule an acupuncture appointment for pain, and let’s take the first step toward helping you feel better in your body.
Acupuncture: In Depth. (2017, February 21). Retrieved March 23, 2020, from https://nccih.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/introduction#hed3