Foundations of Good Health
I believe it is our birthright to be healthy and happy. We are all familiar with the way that life can knock us off course, and we don’t have to look far to find evidence of suffering. There are many extraordinary practices and modalities like acupuncture, chiropractic care, yoga, massage and meditation that can support us on our path to being healthy and happy. However if we do not have a strong foundation for these practices to rest upon, the path can be difficult, slow and often frustrating or fruitless.
You would not build your house without a foundation and expect for it to weather the storms of life. An architect and builder put great care into making sure the foundation is strong before they begin creating the walls. So often we put more care into our possessions than we do our own health, or we start trying to build upon our health without having the basics in place. The thing is, possessions are replaceable, our bodies are not. That is why I have focused in on five simple health habits that have the potential to transform your life and create the strong healthy foundation your body needs to thrive.
Foundational Health Tips:
- Drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water a day. Whenever possible make sure the water you drink is filtered from heavy metals, fluoride and pharmaceuticals.
- Buy organic whenever possible and make sure you eat at least 7-13 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. A good way to get a head start on this is to make a fruit and veggie dense smoothie in the morning.
- Make sure you set a regular sleep schedule and get between 7.5-9 hours of sleep a night. (http://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/how-much-sleep-do-you-need.htm)
- Move your body and try to spend at least 150 minutes (2.5hrs) a week engaged in an activity that gets you breathing harder and your heart beating faster. (CDC recommendation)
- Practice breath awareness meditation on a daily basis. Start with 5 minutes and work your way up to 20 if you can. Countless studies have shown that meditation not only relieves stress but also has real physiological and disease preventing benefits.
I hope that you will be inspired to invest in yourself. When we have a strong health foundation it gives us the energy to tap into our profound creative potential. We can begin living from our higher Selves and bring our unique gifts to the world. I believe our planet needs more of this right now. I have witnessed incredible transformations not only in my clients, but in my own life as well from adopting these simple health habits. I wish you health and happiness on your journey. Feel free to contact me if you would like some additional support along the way!