- Focus on eating more good fats, high quality protein and low glycemic fruits and vegetables
- Start your day with high quality fat and protein - add pasture raised eggs, grass fed plain yogurt, tablespoon of coconut oil to your shakes (even though these things may have more calories they are a more sustained energy source which means you will stay full longer)
- Buy sprouted nuts if you are going to eat them
- Try and add more diversity to your diet with different types of protein (always look for grass fed) and different types of greens (kale, chard, spinach, sprouts, lettuce, etc.) too much raw spinach can be hard on the body!
- Make sure you are getting 1/2 body weight in oz. of water a day at minimum, if drinking caffeine or exercising increase this!
Good fats: olive oil, coconut oil, ghee, avocado, pastured butter, flax oil, chia seed, high quality fish, etc.High Quality Protein: pasture raised poultry and eggs, grass fed beef, lamb, pasture raised pork, wild caught fish, soaked and sprouted beans and nuts, high quality pasture raised dairy if you can tolerate it.Low Glycemic Fruits and Vegetables: arugula, cucumbers, broccoli, lettuce, celery, mushrooms, radishes, asparagus, artichokes, bean sprouts, bell peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, kale, squash, zucchini, Swiss chard, beets, green beans, carrots, onions, snap peas, berries, cantaloupe, papaya, cherries, apple, grapefruit kiwi, pear, apricot, watermelon.