What Are the Benefits of Acupuncture?
It’s time to say goodbye to the long list of physical and mental health issues that are keeping you from being your best self, every single day. From aches and pains to distraction and depression, acupuncture treatments can help you release what’s blocking you, and bring you back into balance.
In the expert hands of an acupuncturist, a set of tiny needles can bring you extraordinary relief, restoring the unrestricted energy flow through your meridians. Acupuncture works on your body’s signaling systems, primarily the nervous system to bring you back into balance and comfort with an unrestricted flow of energy.
Acupuncture can help with many medical conditions, including:
- Anxiety, stress, sleep problems, and irritability
- Digestive issues including ulcers, constipation, diarrhea, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Respiratory problems including environmental allergies, asthma, bronchitis, and sinusitis
- Gynecological issues including menopause, PMS, and painful or irregular periods
- Cardiovascular challenges ranging from hypertension to high cholesterol, heart palpitations, and high blood pressure
- Immune system challenges such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lyme disease, Lupus, cancer, MS, and HIV/AIDS
- Neurological issues ranging from neuralgia and stroke residuals to Parkinson’s disease and more
- Pregnancy care including pre-and post-partum care, labor, and delivery
- Withdrawal symptoms from addiction to nicotine, alcohol, food, prescription and over the counter drugs
- Muscle pain from past injuries, muscle weakness and cramps, mobility issues, and fibromyalgia
- Infertility issues in men and women, hormone balancing
- Emotional and psychological concerns from depression to listlessness, anxiety, and unhappiness
During your first appointment at the Heart Center in Portland, Aiden Seraphim will spend quite a while asking you questions about your body, your primary concerns, goals and objectives, any pain you feel, and about your mental and physical health and vitality. Next, we’ll spend time identifying the areas where your body has blockages that are contributing to pain, stress, and discomfort.
After we identify the points that are blocked, we will begin treatment with the needles, with the goal of restoring the flow of energy in your body. You’ll feel a bit of pressure as the needles go in, but most clients say it is not painful at all. It might feel a little itchy, tingly, or warm which means we have accessed some Qi or a point that was blocked.
Cold Laser Acupuncture
For some people, such as children and babies or people who are either scared of needles of who have conditions that don’t lend themselves to traditional acupuncture, there is an alternative. It is called Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), and it has been growing in popularity for more than 30 years. With LLLT, a laser takes the place of needles. It’s the perfect choice for anyone who for whatever reason is not a good candidate for acupuncture with needles.
What To Expect During an Acupuncture Appointment
Plan in hand, the next step is taking your pulse, looking at your tongue, and then palpating your body. The information gathered during this exam will help us identify which acupuncture points on your body will be most helpful in your treatment. We may use essential oils, cupping, electo-acupuncture or moxibustion to augment your treatment if needed, making sure you’re comfortable every step of the way.
Acupuncture Services in Portland, Oregon
If you’ve been suffering from dis-ease in your body or mind, now is the best time to make a change. The transformative effects of acupuncture can help restore you to the energetic, balanced, and active person you worried you might never be again. With the compassionate, gentle care you’ll receive at Heart Center Transformational Acupuncture, you’ll find just what you’re seeking.
Click or call the Heart Center at 978-701-5125 today to schedule an acupuncture appointment, and let’s take the first step toward feeling good in your body, mind, and spirit together.
“My experience with Aiden has been phenomenal. I have had tightness in my knee for years which I attribute to an active youth spent skateboarding and snowboarding. My first month of treatments with Aiden have really loosened up that knee and his emphasis on treating the whole person has helped with other ailments I wasn’t even aware of!”